Here are the five poems for week three:
- Dream Variations – Langston Hughes
- The Bat – Theodore Roethke
- Did I Miss Anything? – Tom Wayman
- Blackberry Eating – Galway Kinnell
- Casey at the Bat – Ernest Thayer
I pulled the other two poems from books I have. There is a series of books of poetry for children, and I selected “Dream Variations” from the one on Langston Hughes. It is titled Poetry for Young People: Langston Hughes, edited by David Roessel and Arnold Rampersad. “Blackberry Eating” came from A Poem for Every Day! by Susan Moger.